Barnstorm is delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work as its General Manager. As General Manager you will be responsible for leading our small, flexible and dynamic operations team and will work with senior leadership to help influence the direction of the company, working very closely alongside the Artistic Director and Board of Directors.
This position would suit an experienced manager or arts professional looking for a new challenge in a fast-moving and rewarding environment.
|Position||General Manager of Barnstorm Theatre|
|Whole Time Equivalent||Full-time - 5 days/week|
|Reports to||Board of Directors|
Company & Role Overview
Established in Kilkenny in 1991, Barnstorm Theatre Company CLG is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity, specialising in theatre for young audiences. It has grown a national and international reputation for creating transformative theatre and makes a significant impact on the community.
Key Responsibilities as a Manager:
- Drive the values, vision and mission of Barnstorm
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Barnstorm including financial management, legal, HR, administration of the company and, as a member of the Company Management Team, playing a leading role in strategic and business planning, including fundraising
- Actively contribute to the delivery of Barnstorms strategic goals and ten-year strategy
- Be flexible and willing to adapt, positively contributing to the implementation of change
- Delegate work effectively, providing clear information and evidence as to what is required
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships
- Knowledge and Experience of Project Management and resource planning
- Strong organisational skills, including time management and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to manage people
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word, and have experience in working with databases, accounts and payroll packages.
- Ability to prepare accounts and work closely with our auditors
- Be au fait with employer responsibilities under company law and governance requirements.
The successful candidate will ideally be academically strong, with a number of years management experience, and preferably a professional qualification in a relevant area.
How to Apply
- Send a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date 12.00 Noon – Friday 10th December 2021
- Interviews will take place in January 2022
€36,000 – €50,000 p.a. dependent on skills and experience.